HPG hoàn thành Dung Quất vào top 50 thế giới

Chủ đề trong 'Thị trường chứng khoán' bởi netxe2009, 15/11/2018.

Trạng thái chủ đề:
Đã khóa
2858 người đang online, trong đó có 1143 thành viên. 08:50 (UTC+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta
  1. 0 người đang xem box này (Thành viên: 0, Khách: 0)
Chủ đề này đã có 813064 lượt đọc và 4112 bài trả lời
  1. khaitri

khaitri Thành viên rất tích cực

Tham gia ngày:
    10/01/2018
    Đã được thích:
    Thư gửi Cổ đông của Buffet 2019.
    Berkshire earned $4.0 billion in 2018 utilizing generally accepted accounting principles (commonly called 「GAAP」). The components of that figure are $24.8 billion in operating earnings, a $3.0 billion non-cash loss from an impairment of intangible assets (arising almost entirely from our equity interest in Kraft Heinz), $2.8 billion in realized capital gains from the sale of investment securities and a $20.6 billion loss from a reduction in the amount of unrealized capital gains that existed in our investment holdings.
    A new GAAP rule requires us to include that last item in earnings. As I emphasized in the 2017 annual report, neither Berkshire’s Vice Chairman, Charlie Munger, nor I believe that rule to be sensible. Rather, both of us have consistently thought that at Berkshire this mark-to-market change would produce what I described as 「wild and capricious swings in our bottom line.」
    The accuracy of that prediction can be suggested by our quarterly results during 2018. In the first and fourth quarters, we reported GAAP losses of $1.1 billion and $25.4 billion respectively. In the second and third quarters, we reported profits of $12 billion and $18.5 billion. In complete contrast to these gyrations, the many businesses that Berkshire owns delivered consistent and satisfactory operating earnings in all quarters. For the year, those earnings exceeded their 2016 high of $17.6 billion by 41%.
    Wide swings in our quarterly GAAP earnings will inevitably continue. That’s because our huge equity portfolio – valued at nearly $173 billion at the end of 2018 – will often experience one-day price fluctuations of $2 billion or more, all of which the new rule says must be dropped immediately to our bottom line. Indeed, in the fourth quarter, a period of high volatility in stock prices, we experienced several days with a 「profit」 or 「loss」 of more than $4 billion.
    Our advice? Focus on operating earnings, paying little attention to gains or losses of any variety. My saying that in no way diminishes the importance of our investments to Berkshire. Over time, Charlie and I expect them to deliver substantial gains, albeit with highly irregular timing.
    Long-time readers of our annual reports will have spotted the different way in which I opened this letter. For nearly three decades, the initial paragraph featured the percentage change in Berkshire’s per-share book value. It’s now time to abandon that practice.
    The fact is that the annual change in Berkshire’s book value – which makes its farewell appearance on page 2 – is a metric that has lost the relevance it once had. Three circumstances have made that so. First, Berkshire has gradually morphed from a company whose assets are concentrated in marketable stocks into one whose major value resides in operating businesses. Charlie and I expect that reshaping to continue in an irregular manner. Second, while our equity holdings are valued at market prices, accounting rules require our collection of operating companies to be included in book value at an amount far below their current value, a mismark that has grown in recent years. Third, it is likely that – over time – Berkshire will be a significant repurchaser of its shares, transactions that will take place at prices above book value but below our estimate of intrinsic value. The math of such purchases is simple: Each transaction makes per-share intrinsic value go up, while per-share book value goes down. That combination causes the book-value scorecard to become increasingly out of touch with economic reality.
    In future tabulations of our financial results, we expect to focus on Berkshire’s market price. Markets can be extremely capricious: Just look at the 54-year history laid out on page 2. Over time, however, Berkshire’s stock price will provide the best measure of business performance.
    Before moving on, I want to give you some good news – really good news – that is not reflected in our financial statements. It concerns the management changes we made in early 2018, when Ajit Jain was put in charge of all insurance activities and Greg Abel was given authority over all other operations. These moves were overdue. Berkshire is now far better managed than when I alone was supervising operations. Ajit and Greg have rare talents, and Berkshire blood flows through their veins.
    Investors who evaluate Berkshire sometimes obsess on the details of our many and diverse businesses – our economic 「trees,」 so to speak. Analysis of that type can be mind-numbing, given that we own a vast array of specimens, ranging from twigs to redwoods. A few of our trees are diseased and unlikely to be around a decade from now. Many others, though, are destined to grow in size and beauty.
    Fortunately, it’s not necessary to evaluate each tree individually to make a rough estimate of Berkshire’s intrinsic business value. That’s because our forest contains five 「groves」 of major importance, each of which can be appraised, with reasonable accuracy, in its entirety. Four of those groves are differentiated clusters of businesses and financial assets that are easy to understand. The fifth – our huge and diverse insurance operation – delivers great value to Berkshire in a less obvious manner, one I will explain later in this letter.
    Before we look more closely at the first four groves, let me remind you of our prime goal in the deployment of your capital: to buy ably-managed businesses, in whole or part, that possess favorable and durable economic characteristics. We also need to make these purchases at sensible prices.
    Sometimes we can buy control of companies that meet our tests. Far more often, we find the attributes we seek in publicly-traded businesses, in which we normally acquire a 5% to 10% interest. Our two-pronged approach to huge-scale capital allocation is rare in corporate America and, at times, gives us an important advantage.
  2. hoangphi1112

hoangphi1112 Thành viên gắn bó với f319.com

Tham gia ngày:
    06/10/2017
    Đã được thích:
    em nghĩ nhịp này lên 36 được dòng tiền đang rất mạnh, và HPG còn nhiều nhiệm vụ phải làm để đua hình ảnh TTCK việt nam đi lên cùng với VCB và cổ phiếu của anh Vượng
    chichchoe36 thích bài này.
  3. trungshingmark

trungshingmark Thành viên gắn bó với f319.com

Tham gia ngày:
    02/10/2018
    Đã được thích:
    haizz em thấy bác hơi… tham vọng rồi. :)
  4. TopHieuMB

TopHieuMB Thành viên gắn bó với f319.com

Tham gia ngày:
    28/08/2017
    Đã được thích:
    Có hơi bạo dâm quá không anh em #:-s
    --- Gộp bài viết, 25/02/2019, Bài cũ: 25/02/2019 ---
    <:-PVãi nồi hẳn là lệnh vã 300k giá 35.
  5. chichchoe36

chichchoe36 Thành viên gắn bó với f319.com

Tham gia ngày:
    09/10/2007
    Đã được thích:
    CE phát để nhà em lấy động lực thoát hàng nào :)
    mourinho_ck thích bài này.
  6. KaiO

KaiO Thành viên mới

Tham gia ngày:
    04/02/2017
    Đã được thích:
    Dự hôm nay tím ngắt! 35.25 rồi.
  7. he_ro

he_ro Thành viên này đang bị tạm khóa Đang bị khóa Not Official

Tham gia ngày:
    10/09/2015
    Đã được thích:
    HPG xuống thế nào lên thế vậy.
  8. vicaren

vicaren Thành viên gắn bó với f319.com

Tham gia ngày:
    29/05/2009
    Đã được thích:
    dễ sợ; tây múc như ăn vã
  9. chungkhoan77

chungkhoan77 Thành viên này đang bị tạm khóa Đang bị khóa Not Official

Tham gia ngày:
    21/08/2009
    Đã được thích:
    Múc từ bây giờ vẫn còn rất ấm. Lịch sử 6x chưa là gì khi Dung Quất đã bắt đầu cho ra sản phẩm. Không phải ngẫu nhiên mà nước ngoài gom liên tục, người công ty mua vào khối lượng lớn...!
  10. TopHieuMB

TopHieuMB Thành viên gắn bó với f319.com

Tham gia ngày:
    28/08/2017
    Đã được thích:
    Thôi mà đừng CE 8->8->8->:-??:-??:-??
Trạng thái chủ đề:
Đã khóa

Chia sẻ trang này